Google Title Tags are the most prominent component of your SERP appearance and as such can have a significant impact on your SEO performance. For best SEO…
How to Build a Blog Worth Reading with SEO Keywords
By: Heather Schallert
Pleasing the Google gods by using SEO keywords and providing your audience with something worth reading are the key points for online success, but what exactly does that mean? Here are the key points for writing dynamic content that will propel you towards your SEO goals!
Content is King – How to build a great blog
Have a clear understanding of your audience. What does your audience like to read?
Do some research into the segments that really resonate with your customer and see how they are written and what they are about. Think about how to build a blog that will really resonate with your audience.
Capture your audience’s attention
How easy is it to read your article/blog post at a glance? Does it look like a challenge to get through it? Or is it placed into nice paragraphs with lots of visual imagery? Think about the formatting and visual appeal of the blogs you like to read.
What is your brand voice and persona?
What is the perfect brand voice that resonates with your target audience?
Young and clean or older and wiser with a bit of punch? If someone was sitting there in human form what would they look like? Age? Gender? How would they dress? What would that person value as a storyteller?
Start with a solid topic that fulfills a need or answers a question
Write a captivating introduction that is not too long.
Organize your main points, focus, call to action and write.
Proofread your post and take a break.
Meta is queen – SEO Keywords
Determine your SEO keywords
Keywords and phrases in your web content make it possible for people to find your site via search engines, so the think about what most people would type in a search engine to find your content. Place your keywords or keyword phrases into a keyword research tool to find out the data on your keyword phrase. Look for niche keywords that your audience would use.
There are many different theories on how to best use SEO keywords to increase website traffic and boost conversions. The best way to write for keywords is to get a list of focus keywords and secondary keywords from your friends at a Digital Marketing Company and use the keywords in the way they advise to guide your content strategy.
Place your focus keyword or keyword phrase in the following sections of your blog page:
1. In the title of your blog page
2. In the slug of your page URL
3. In the meta description of your page. This is the snippet description that shows in the search engine results. Keep the meta description under 160 characters but over 100 characters.
4. In the H1 heading of your blog
5. 2-6 times throughout the content of your piece, use bold or italics on your focus keyword as many times as you can without disrupting the user experience of your reader.
6. Use your SEO keyword in your image titles and Alt Text as appropriate
SEO BEST PRACTICES FOR WRITING BLOGS
1. Make your blog length around 500 words
2. Build 2-3 internal links from your blog to other sections of your website (Use links that are natural for the reader)
3. Use video, images, or other media to enhance the user experience of your blog
BAD SEO PRACTICES FOR WRITING BLOGS
Hide keywords in your blog (Example: white keywords on white backgrounds)
Avoid stuffing SEO keywords (repeating keywords over and over again in the text and headers
Don’t force keywords where they don’t belong (user experience should be your #1 priority)
If you would like assistance in your digital marketing strategies Pico is here to help.
Sign up for a FREE on-site SEO website Audit (A $3,000 Value) and SEO consultation.