Account-based marketing (ABM) is the way to amplify B2B marketing. Gone are the days of traditional lead generation with forms and filters, hoping the right companies make it to your website and like what they see. However, at Pico, we take it to a different level and layer on Experience. Account-based experience (ABX) is a go-to-market strategy that uses data and insights to orchestrate relevant, trusted marketing and sales actions throughout the B2B customer journey.
We target ideal companies and accounts with ABM and approach them to create and nurture relationships. If you’ve ever spent thousands on a comprehensive marketing strategy only to discover that your top five ideal accounts still don’t even know your company exists, then Account Based Marketing is for you.
This strategic, direct, and effective way to contact and engage your ideal accounts will change your game.
Going Beyond ABM and Transitioning to ABX
Stage 1: Listen
The first stage consolidates customer feedback and data from all your business departments to identify gaps.
- Conduct a gap analysis to understand your current situation based on your products/services, solutions, teams, organization structure, dark social media reviews, and senior executives.
- Attain internal/external validation to understand what problems your team faces and what questions your ideal customers ask.
- Analyze your AD system to identify all customer touchpoints.
Stage 2: Learn
The second stage focuses on integrating your end customer’s experience.
- Identify your long and short-term goals, measuring metrics, and how to use them to inform your future marketing activities.
- Combine all the insights gained from listening to your customers to identify your target audience and accounts and determine what messaging to use.
- Devise your data-collection strategy to analyze every single action people take on your website.
Stage 3: Execute
The next stage focuses on implementing the plan across channels
- We are now clear on the approaches toward ads, cross-channel communication, ad spending, and timelines.
- We now develop the creative to tell a story along the buyer’s journey without repetition.
- Once complete we will activate the plan across channels
- We will optimize your budget to get results.
- We will share learnings with all departments so we can continue to work towards the overall company growth plan.
Account-based experience will open your mind to a new way of conducting B2B business that feels better and performs better. This is a no-brainer if you’re a B2B business or marketer.
If your advertising isn’t working, your marketing seems confused, or your team is burnt out on hearing “no”, then it’s likely that an Account-Based Experience is an excellent option for you.